Step 1 – Signup
Users will need to enter:
- Full name
Step 2 – Profile
- Other Twitter users are much more likely to follow and ReTweet if a profile has been filled out correctly. This gives the user a much higher level of credibility.
- Choose an avatar such as a website logo or personal picture.
- Add a bio, this can be up to 160 characters which tells other users whose profile this is and what they do.
- Add a website address (don’t forget the http://www. to make it clickable).
- Click on “settings” and design to change the background image, text, links, covers, ect. (Make sure you don’t keep the generic one; it doesn’t look very professional.)
Step 3 – Start following
- Start following other users that are relevant to you website or business.
- A great way to find people to follow is to search relevant users and see who is following them. A business blogger might search through the followers of a respectable business magazine to find people to follow
- A lot of users will “follow back”. Twitter caps following to around 1,000 initially, so make each one count. Not stating that that’s all you can follow more, but don’t do more than that in a day. I have written a post on the basics of twitter so make sure you check that out.
Step 4 – Start tweeting
Try and keep promotional Tweets to around 20%, otherwise your account will come across as spam.
- Keep Tweets interesting and relevant to your website or business.
- Direct Tweets at other users to get a conversation going.
- ReTweet others, when their Tweets are inspiring and useful to your followers.
- Share others tweets and use the 80/20 rule. Sharing 80% their content and 20% yours.
- Don’t use automated programs that tweet ever 5-10 min. I tend to tweet 5 times a day. Anymore just annoys your followers.
Step 5 – Stay connected
- Keep an eye on the “@Connect” tab; you can see who has mentioned you in their Tweets.
- It’s just about being social and interacting with people Twitter.
- Regularly connect with users that have Tweeted you, to build a strong following. For great tactics check out Twitter Dummy which is an awesome guide for exploding your Twitter.
This was a guest post by Vibe Tech Media and they are a UK internet marketing company offering blog posting services to customers worldwide.Google+